The truth is: I haven’t been sober in weeks. Maybe a month. I don’t remember when it all started…it was progressive.
It didn’t all just start one day with the decision to smoke copious amounts of marijuana with the intent to slip into a lazy, fat, unhealthy trend. But it happened, regardless, and as a wise man said, “You can smoke all the weed you want…until you grow a dependency on it. That’s when you’ll want to kick the habit.”
Oddly enough, I found the willpower to achieve it this time. Been clean 24 hours.
My thoughts on it? Being high is awesome, but building up a tolerance to weed is a total money-grubbing whore. Seriously, I used to smoke $10 worth of weed, 2 grams of mids (middle-level weed, the local standard), and I was good for the week! Then as my tolerance built up…well, I smoked 3.5 grams of chronic (about $70 in the current market in Indiana) in two days, and it hit me like mids.
All I need to do is get through my #SoberWeek, and next Tuesday I’ll buy some standard mids. The plan is to get 4 grams all to myself, and smoke the fuck out of it while watching a good movie. The term “good” is used loosely here, as I’ve found that different qualities are highlighted in the film when high. For example, “Super Troopers,” though no classic sober, was one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen when I was high. The low budget, simplistic crime-busting story would’ve been a hindrance, a nuisance, shoddy and half-assed, typically…but you don’t care when high. It’s awesome.
I pretty much can’t decide for Toasted Tuesday: “Zookeeper,” “The Green Hornet,” or leave it to “high-epiphany” choice. I’ll figure it out Tuesday.
As for a “high-epiphany”: it is when you’re blazed, and something just clicks. For example, I once went to the fridge. Typically, I’d get Mountain Dew every time. But just this once, I saw that Coca-Cola Classic bottle next to the Mountain Dew, and I was like “fuck yes that’s exactly what I need right now.” You can hardly ever successfully predict what will sound right in the moment when you blaze. I love this about it. It takes out part of the pressure of decision making, simplifies your mind, and wows you simultaneously.
Anyways, today I accomplished a lot in absence of my weed:
- Attended my plasma donation appointment. Acquired $45.
- Bought a can of air duster for my roommate (still don’t know why).
- Bought a new, clean, wider bowl for my small bong Malena.
- Bought groceries. On this week’s menu: frozen pizzas, fettuccine (just looked up a good online recipe…looks divine), milk, Mountain Dew, salad.
- Moved around a lot of my stocks on HSX.com. Spent hours on there.
- Smoked only like 3 cigs today. In the absence of alcohol or weed, I’ve found that I’m not as attracted to the pack as I used to be. My theory is, like Pavlov’s dog, without the alcohol or weed I’d typically have in my system, my desire for a cigarette is significantly lessened. Interesting, isn’t it?
- Showered thoroughly.
- Cleaned my bong.
- Washed my bedsheets.
- Washed my laundry. It was time. Also included here are my towels from my bathroom. It was definitely time.
- Cleaned my room.
- Aired out my room of the weed dank stank.
- Raided my personal Twitter. Seriously, I Tweeted 22 times, not including Retweets (20) and mentions (14). Total? 56 Tweets today. WTF?
- Watched some “American Dad!” That show gets funnier overtime. I’m still undecided here, but this is my current take on the MacFarlane shows: Family Guy > American Dad! > The Cleveland Show
Amongst all this I did today, my thoughts are…just…so…definitive and resolute. My reality is so heavy, and solid. It’s like, overbearing, man.
And I have a week left of it, until pure release on next Toasted Tuesday. Whoot whoot.
By the way, there’s this little indie film coming out next 4/20, and it’s called “High School” (review here from JoBlo.com). Emphasis on the “HIGH.” Anyways, here’s the trailer, since we’re discussing weed anyways. It looks like the best stoner flick ever…which, so far, in my opinion, is “A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas 3D.”
God this trailer makes this movie look like the most goddamned epic stoner film ever…the premise alone is genius.